The Parish Council is utilising grant funding to employ a ‘Lengthsman’ to undertaken minor highway and verge maintenance activities across the parish. Works can include:
- Drainage (clearing gully grates, verge grips, headwalls, outfalls)
- Vegetation clearance (vegetation obstructing signs, at junction visibility splays)
- Side out footways to normal width
- Rotation and charging of the Parish Council’s Vehicular Activated Signs (VAS)
- Clean dirty signs
- Snow clearance and gritting / salting by hand
If you would like to request any work please contact the Clerk with your suggestions.