Whittington Parish Council is normally subject to the Transparency code for Smaller Authorities as its turnover does not exceed £25,000.00 per annum. However, due to Community Hall Project, the Parish Council’s turnover for the 2020/21 and 2021/22 financial years will be in excess of £200,000.00 and so it is temporarily subject to the The Local Government Transparency Code 2015.
The Local Government Transparency Code 2015 (‘the Code’) came into effect on 1 April 2015. The Code is issued by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government in exercise of powers under section 2 of the Local Government, Planning and Land Act 1980, and replaces any previous codes issued in relation to authorities in England under those powers.
The Code does not replace or supersede the existing framework for access to and re-use of public sector information provided by the:
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 (as amended by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012)
- Environmental Information Regulations 2004
- Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005
- Infrastructure for Spatial Information in the European Community regulations 2009
- Sections 25 and 26 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 which provides rights for persons to inspect a local authority’s accounting records and supporting documentation, and to make copies of them.
Whittington Parish Council complies with the Code where applicable, by publishing the required information on its website:
Information to be published quarterly:
- Expenditure exceeding £500.00 – Details of all expenditure over £500.00 are listed monthly within the meeting minutes.
- Government Procurement Card transactions – Whittington Parish Council does not use a GPC.
- Procurement Information – The Community Hall project is the only activity that exceeds the £5,000.00 threshold for publication, further details are available on the Community Hall page.
Information to be published annually:
- Local Authority Land – Whittington Parish Councils’ land and building assets are listed on the accounts page.
- Social housing asset value – Whittington Parish Council does not have any social housing stock.
- Grants to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations – Details of all grants paid to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations are listed monthly within the meeting minutes.
- Organisational chart – Whittington Parish Council employs only the Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer, on a permanent part-time basis. The position is currently paid at salary point 29 within the 29-32 range in scale LC2 as set out in the National Agreement on Salaries and Conditions of Service of Local Council Clerks in England and Wales. Contact details for the Clerk.
- Trade union facility time – Not applicable.
- Parking account – Whittington Parish Council does not own or operate any parking facilities.
- Parking spaces – Whittington Parish Council does not own or operate any parking facilities.
- Senior salaries – Whittington Parish Council has no employees earning in excess of £50,000.00.
- Constitution – Whittington Parish Council’s constitution is made up of the Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and Code of Conduct (available on our policies page).
- Pay multiple – Whittington Parish Council employs only one member of staff.
- Fraud – Whittington Parish Council does not handle fraud enquiries.
Information to be published once:
- Waste contracts – Whittington Parish Council does not let any waste contracts.